Thursday 4 October 2012

Revlon 'Blue Slate'

I've been hearing lots of good things about Revlon's new colourstay nail polishes and when I saw that they were buy one get one 50% off in Boots, I decided that it was time for me to pick a few up. There were lots of colours that caught my eye but I had dupes for a lot of them. 'Blue Slate' was one that I couldn't think of any similar polishes to, so I picked it up.

'Blue Slate' appears darker on the nail than in the bottle

'Blue Slate' is a moody, grey toned blue polish in a creme finish. I think this is great for autumn because it is that bit darker and more grey toned, I also think that this is one of those colours that suits a whole host of skin tones. The best thing about this polish is hands down the formula, can you say one coat wonder??? After one coat this polish dried to a completely opaque and glossy finish, and that one coat was really easy to apply, this seems to be the dream formula. 

1 coat of Revlon 'Blue Slate' topped with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

I think i'll get a lot of wear out of it just because it's so quick to apply and it also appears to dry quite quickly. It does appear a little darker on the nail than it does in the bottle but I don't mind that as I favour darker colours for autumn and winter anyway. I kept this on my nails for 3 days and only really saw some minor tip wear and no chipping which was pretty good.

In natural light

I think this is a great way to do a deeper blue for the autumn and winter without wearing navy, although I really do like navy, its fun to switch it up and give yourself more options, especially when blue nail polish is a true love of yours. Overall I was incredibly impressed by Revlon with this one, i'll definitely be purchasing some more from this line, I way prefer it to all the other types of Revlon polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment