Sunday 7 October 2012

Mac Marilyn Monroe Collection

I know that this is a blog devoted to nail polish but when I first started I promised myself that I would post on makeup if I had something really cool to talk about, and now I do. On Thursday just gone the Mac Marilyn Monroe Collection hit stores and I was all over that because I am a huge fan of Marilyn's, I think she was an exceptionally beautiful and talented lady. To make sure I got everything I wanted I ordered online on Tuesday as the collection was released online earlier than in stores. My order arrived in 2 days and I had it on the same day I would have had it by visiting a mac counter, I was a very pleased lady. Anyway, I thought I would just give you a quick run down of the items that I purchased.

How lovely is the packaging?

The images that are on the outer packaging are also printed on the product packaging



Forever Marilyn beauty powder - £23.50

I won't lie, half of the reason I purchased this is to keep it in my bag for touch ups and the packaging is so pretty. I also thought that it would work as a nice highlight on me as I am fair and it's not too shimmery which is great because I do have combination/oily skin.

Phiff dazzleglass - £18.00

I knew I wanted to get one of the two dazzleglasses released in the collection and I thought that Phiff would be a better choice for me as I have naturally quite pigmented lips and really light colours tend to make me look a little odd and dead, Phiff is a sheer peachy colour packed with a tonne of shimmer, it is quite sticky but nothing you can't handle.

Nail polish in 'Flaming Rose' - £11

Nail polish in 'Flaming Rose' - £11

I knew that I wanted to get a bright red creme finish nail polish from the collection and Flaming Rose was it. I haven't used it yet but i'll be sure to do a post on it when I do. I haven't always heard fantastic things about MAC nail polishes but even if doesn't work that well it's still something that i'd like to have because of how lovely the bottle is.

Nail Polish in 'Vintage Vamp' - £11

Nail Polish in 'Vintage Vamp' - £11

I actually purchased this polish for my mum as she likes Marilyn just as much as I do and was looking for a deep burgundy creme polish for autumn that wasn't too dark. I know that she has used it and she said she really liked it and that the formula was pretty good which makes me hopeful for 'Flaming Rose'.

Lipstick packaging printed with Marilyn's image

Lipstick in 'Love Goddess' - £15.50

Lipstick in 'Deeply Adored' - £15.50

Last but not least are the two lipsticks that I purchased, I chose 'Love Goddess' because it was much pinker than any of the other lipsticks in the collection and I've been searching for the perfect vibrant pink colour. Then I chose 'Deeply Adored' because I have lots of true red lipsticks and wanted to go for something a little bit darker and vampier.

So there you have it, what did you guys think of the Mac Marilyn Monroe collection?





No comments:

Post a Comment