Thursday 4 October 2012

Butter London 'The Old Bill'


Butter London 'The Old Bill' is a light metallic copper colour with warm undertones. I think it's perfect for Autumn, I originally got this in the summer in the olympic set that Butter London released but have only just used it because it didn't seem like a summery colour to me but it's exactly the type of colour that I like to wear at this time of the year.

3 thin coats of 'The Old Bill'

Butter London describes this colour as "Burnished copper with a beautiful antique patina". I agree with this to an extent, I don't think it's entirely accurate, but this polish changes so much depending on the light its under that it's hard to define it. Under some lights this polish can look even look gold. In the photos I took  (natural light on a not too sunny day) the polish looks kind of like rose gold which is interesting and very pretty.

3 thin coats of 'The Old Bill'

Application was fairly good, it took 3 thin coats to reach full opacity. Because this shade is quite metallic and frosty there were some visible brush strokes but nothing that couldn't be sorted out by being careful. It dried quite quickly to a nice sheen but I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine topcoat in the photos shown.

3 thin coats of 'The Old Bill'

Overall I do like this colour. It's metallic which makes it interesting but its light enough to be considered neutral which means you don't have to worry about it clashing with your outfit. It really does look quite classy and polished on the nails, i'm definitely glad I tried it and will be using it again before long i'm sure.

A close up of 'The Old Bill'

What are some of your favourite nail polish colours for this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment