Thursday 4 October 2012

Essie 'Shine of the Times'

I'm pretty late jumping on this bandwagon. Essie 'Shine of the times' (love the name by the way) came out with their holiday luxeffects collection last year. It's made up of small glitter flakes that are multichromatic....and it's so pretty! I really think that this polish is something quite special.


1 coat of 'Shine of the Times' over 2 coats of Barry M 'Black'

The colour shift in this is really quite incredible, when I first got it I just stared at the bottle for a while because I was so mesmerised by all of the colours in it. On the nail (or at least in the photos that I took) the main colour shift I saw was from reds and oranges to greens and yellows but that's just because I applied it on top of black. When I tried it by itself on top of a bare nail you could see way more colours though.

1 coat of 'Shine of the Times' over 2 coats of Barry M 'Black'

In the photos shown I have one coat of 'Shine of the Times' over 2 coats of Barry M 'Black' and I have to say I really do like the result. The red and orange in 'Shine of the Times' really does make the black look more burgundy, and I don't know if it's just because i'm feeling all autumnal but the green to red colour shift is making me think of the leaves changing colour and falling from the trees.

1 coat of 'Shine of the Times' over 2 coats of Barry M 'Black'

All in all I really love this polish and the versatility that it offers. When worn on it's own, the flakes are fairly dense so it offers quite nice nail coverage, I have worn it without any base colour with 2 coats and I thought it looked pretty. I really want to try layering this over a blue or a pink to try and make those aspects of the multichrome more prominent because they're there, they're just very subtle.

Close up of 'Shine of the Times' on the nail

'Shine of the Times' in the bottle

I really love this polish, I think it's the perfect way to make your nails that little bit more interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment