Sunday 7 October 2012

Butter London 'Shag'

Today I want to talk to you about another Butter London polish...but the obsession will end soon...I promise. 'Shag' is a gorgeous colour, it's a deep coppery orangey metallic colour. As soon as I saw the promo photos for the autumn/winter collection from Butter London I knew I wanted this one, it's the kind of colour that really appeals to me, it's very warm and inviting.

2 coats of Butter London 'Shag' with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

The formula was really nice on this one, it was fully opaque in 2 coats and didn't have any of the streakiness that often comes with frosty or metallic polishes. It also dried really, unusually shiny, I used a top coat to make sure that it lasted but I really didn't need to.

2 coats of Butter London 'Shag' with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

One of the best things about this polish is that I don't have a dupe for it, I looked through my collection and the closest I have is OPI's 'Brisbane Bronze' and it's really not very close at all. It lacks some of the depth and shimmer thats in 'Shag'. It's just perfect for Autumn, especially if you don't like wearing darker colours on your nails.

2 coats of Butter London 'Shag' with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

All in all this is my favourite colour from Butter's a/w 12 collection, closely followed by 'Gobsmacked'. What do you think of Butter London's newest offerings?

No comments:

Post a Comment