Friday 12 October 2012

OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ'

How ironic is it that one of my favourite polishes for the autumn time happens to have quite a summery name? I really want to talk to you all about a polish that i've had for a good while now and really love. It's OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ'; a deep burgundy shade that isn't so dark that it looks black on the nail.

2 coats of OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ' with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

I'd say that the photo above is very true to how the polish actually looks on the nail, it really does look kind of like i've dipped my fingers in a rich, sticky barbeque sauce. Wow, i'm making myself long for summer, sigh. I think the thing I love most is how rich this colour is, and in sunlight you can see more of the red undertones that this polish has.

2 coats of OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ' in dim lighting

The formulation of this one is pretty nice, used 2 coats for the photo's included and both coats were necessary. The first coat applied quite unevenly and looked a little streaky but the second coat managed to magically even it all out and give a nice, even, glossy finish. I like this polish because it's vampy (which seems to be the 'in thing' this season) but can still be quite elegant.

2 coats of OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ' in natural lighting

When trying to think of a dupe, the first thing I thought of was Essie 'Bahama Mama' but when I actually held up those bottles next to each other 'Bahama Mama' had much more purple in it whereas "Mrs O'Learys BBQ' is brown based. I then thought of Revlon 'Vixen' which is similar but the red undertone is much more pronounced making it more of a true burgundy colour.

Close up of OPI 'Mrs O'Leary's BBQ'

What do you think of the vampy nail polish trend? Are you rocking vampy or nude shades this autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment