Wednesday 10 October 2012

Experimenting with nail effects

Lately i've been trying out quite a few different nail effect polishes. Normally I really don't like the look they give but I wanted a cool nail to go with my halloween costume (because I get super excited for halloween) so I decided to experiment with some different combo's and I thought that you might like to see the results.

1 coat of Bourjois 'Python top coat' over 2 coats of Essie 'Sand Tropez'

First up was Bourjois 'Python top coat' over 2 coats of Essie 'Sand Tropez'. I didn't really like how this one turned out, I thought it might look like blood on plain nails but it really didn't. Oh well, thats what experimentation is for, right?

 1 coat of Bourjois 'Python top coat' over 2 coats of Nails Inc 'Black Taxi'

Then I tried that same Bourjois polish over Nails Inch 'Black Taxi'. The problem with this was that the red python effect polish was too sheer to be seen as an actual colour over black and turned out looking kind of like glossy, lumpy dirt. I thought this could be cool for a halloween look but just wasn't the kind of thing that I was going for really.


1 coat of Barry M 'Black Croc Effect' over 2 coats of Ciate 'Dangerous Affair'

My favourite of the 3 combos I tried was the Barry M 'Black Croc Effect' with the deep red Ciate 'Dangerous Affair' polish underneath. I think this managed to look menacing enough to be a part of a halloween polish without looking so weird that i'd feel odd wearing it for a day afterward or whatever. Plus red and black will probably be the colour scheme of my costume and this will go nicely.




So what do you think? Do you style your nails especially for halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment