Sunday 21 October 2012

My picks from the Jessica Spicy Dreams collection

This post is long overdue, but I really wasn't able to find this collection in UK stores so I ended up ordering them online from the states. There was no way I was going without getting at least a couple of the polishes from this collection, if i'd seen them in an actual store I probably would have walked out with all them so, they're all such and pretty and seasonal colours.

2 coats of 'Cinnamon Kiss' with a coat Seche Vite fast dry top coat

As soon as I saw the promo photos I knew that I would have to get Cinnamon Kiss. It's a very shimmery red colour that looks a little vampy because it has a kind of blackened base. This kind of ended up looking how I wish OPI's 'Every day is Oktoberfest' looked. What I particularly like about this polish is that although it does have a blackened base it is definitely red and couldn't be mistaken for black which I think is a trap that many darker nail polishes fall into. I really love this polish, it seems to really glow on my fingers and the formula was pretty nice too, 2 coats for an opaque finish and it doesn't have the brush stroke problems that some metallic polishes have.

2 coats of 'Pumpkin Delight' with a coat Seche Vite fast dry top coat

Pumpkin Delight is a very unique looking polish for my collection. It's a highly concentrated glitter thats a mix of red and some gold. There really is a whole lot of glitter in this baby, I ended up using 2 coats of this and got full coverage. I really love this one, from far away it looks almost like a bronzey coppery colour but when you get a proper look at it you can definitely see the different colours of glitter, it's a very interesting polish. It gives almost a duochrome kind of effect, reminds me of fire or the changing colours of leaves - perfect for autumn!




Overall I am incredibly impressed with these polishes, I already know that Cinnamon Kiss will be a nail staple for me this autumn and winter! What are some of your picks from the Spicy Dreams collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment