Sunday 14 October 2012

Butter London 'Henley Regatta'

This post has been a very long time coming, really this is more of a summery polish but at the moment my nails are in need of some TLC as they were breaking quite a lot so I was looking through the photos on my computer and discovered that i'd forgotten to post on Butter London 'Henley Regatta'.

2 coats of 'Henley Regatta' over 2 coats of OPI 'Fly'

'Henley Regatta' is a bright teal glitter polish, Butter London describes it as a "nail lacquer glitters like the Thames on a sunny day — a fusion of green and blue glitter that varies in intensity depending on the light" and I think that is fairly accurate. It's so sparkly, I was drawn to the bottle like a magpie and I knew that I had to have it.

'Henley Regatta' under natural lighting

As far as glitter polishes go this one is actually fairly opaque, in the pictures above I have 2 coats of 'Henley Regatta' layered over 2 coats of 'OPI 'Fly' but I think that this polish would be opaque on its own in 3-4 coats. I think this a beautiful glitter for summertime, the sun shines off of it in the most delightful way, I actually took these pictures about a month ago when the weather was still nice here and I suppose that now it won't really be worn until spring/summer 2013.

I used Seche Vite fast dry top coat to give my nails a smooth finish

The formula was pretty nice, as i've already said there's a lot of glitter in this baby so it wouldn't take as many coats as some other glitter polishes to get an opaque finish. The clear base isn't too thick so the glitter doesn't all gather in one place on the nail, I like that there's a mix of blue and green glitter because it gives the polish some depth and reminds me of the ocean or something, perfect for summers by the sea.

Close up of 'Henley Regatta'

How do you feel about wearing bright and vibrant colours on your nails in the colder months? Do you love it or loathe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment