Tuesday 16 October 2012

GOSH 'Holographic Hero'

I was so excited when I finally managed to find Gosh's holographic polish in Superdrug recently, I may have done a little dance in the middle of the store. I have heard a lot of things about this polish and had always wanted to try it out but they just never seemed to have it in stock in any Superdrug store, that is until now.

3 coats of 'Holographic Hero' with no top coat

Under some lighting this polish can look like a flat, light silver colour, but under the right lighting it really comes to life. I used 3 coats, I could probably have gotten away with 2 but I thought that an extra coat might intensify the holographic effect....it didn't. This is the first holo that i've ever owned but i've read lots about them and seen lots of pictures and I think that this one is quite subtle compared to others that you can get, perfect for if you don't want anything too crazy but want something a little interesting.

3 coats of 'Holographic Hero' with no top coat

One problem I had with this was wear time - the bottle advertises that the polish will only last for one night, which kinda sucks, although I really like that they're being up front about it, it doesn't seem to have stopped people buying it (myself included)! Plus this would be a great polish for a night out because it looks amazing under bright lights.


3 coats of 'Holographic Hero' with no top coat

I must admit that my photos don't show this polish in all it's glory, it was quite hard to capture just how pretty it is when the light hits it. I think I will save it for nights out because of it's short wear time but I think it will definitely be used. I can see myself wearing a plain black outfit and this on my nails to add some interest.

Close up of 'Holographic Hero'

What do you think of 'Holographic Hero'? Do you think it lives up to the hype?


No comments:

Post a Comment