Monday 15 October 2012

OPI 'Absolutely Alice'

OPI 'Absolutely Alice' is a beautiful blue glitter polish with some gold glitter in it. I think the gold is what makes this polish so pretty to me, I have quite a few blue glitter polishes but the gold really sets this one apart and gives it some depth. I'm so glad that I managed to get my hands on this polish when it first came out because it became so hard to find.

2 coats of 'Absolutely Alice' with 1 coat of Seche Vite fast dry top coat

Because the blue colour in this polish is a little deeper it suits a lot of skin tones and I wear it all year round. It's really hard to photograph it properly because it is so incredibly sparkly, under all types of lighting, but my camera just didn't want to pick that up unfortunately. You get the best idea of the amount of sparkle in the bottom photo of just the bottle, it is just so eye catching and beautiful, i'm not surprised this was a sell out polish.


'Absolutely Alice' under natural lighting

I used 2 coats of 'Absolutely Alice' in the photos above which I think is pretty good for a glitter polish. I didn't use a base colour which was a welcome change and used only one (thick) coat of top coat, although I think 2 would have achieved a smoother finish. I think this may be one of my favourite OPI polishes ever, its sparkly and very eye-catching, in a flattering colour that happens to particularly suit my skin tone and it's associated with Alice in Wonderland....what more could I ask?

You can see a bit more of the tiny sparkle in this shot

I wouldn't have thought that this would be a unique colour in my stash but it turns out it is which is always nice, but only one of many reasons that I love this polish. I like that the glitter is fairly small and not too chunky because sometimes I just feel like having the sparkle factor but without having chunky glitter flakes on my nails.


Sorry about the lack of focus, it was the best way to capture the individual glitter flakes for this polish

I'm really not looking foward to taking this off my nails because of the mess that is glitter polish removal so maybe i'll leave it off for a little while....or perhaps i'll just bite the bullet and remove it so I can try something new and fabulous (OPI Skyfall collection anyone???), probably the latter. *confessions of a nail polish addict*

See how sparkly it is in the bottle?.....Swoon!

Did any of you manage to get your hands on this polish when it came out way back in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment