Thursday 18 October 2012

New for autumn - Rimmel Precious Stones



Along with the Metal rush polishes that I talked about here Rimmel also released these two gems for autumn. They are basically high coverage glitter nail polishes, two coats and my nails were completely covered and sparkling. I initially thought that these were going to be more like a glitter topcoat kind of polish which I thought would be pretty but there are lots of those about, I like that these are opaque, great for the festive party season.


2 coats of 'Diamond Dust' and a coat of Seche Vite fast dry top coat

'Diamond Dust' has a dark grey base solidly packed with silver and grey shimmer and slightly larger holographic glitter. I think this is a stunning polish, I really really like it and think it will be amazing for when I want something sophisticated but still a bit sparkly and fun. I definitely think i'll be busting this one out a lot this winter, because the glitter is so dense it does your nails feeling bumpy but nothing that a layer of top coat can't sort out. I was actually shocked at how dense the glitter was, but the actual base polish wasn't too thick so it was easy to apply. I think i'm in love, the holographic glitter is just so striking.


3 coats of 'Ruby Crush' and a coat of Seche Vite fast dry top coat

'Ruby Crush' is Rimmel's other Precious Stones offering. I like it, i'm not as impressed with it as I was with 'Diamond Dust' but I do think that it's a pretty shade that will come in handy around christmas time for making your nails look a little more festive and fun. This has a red base that is packed with red and silver glitters all of the same size. For some reason this one needed 3 coats instead of the 2 that 'Diamond Dust' took which is strange because it seemed to have the same density of glitter. All the same this still is a really good glitter polish, I would recommend this one for people who prefer to have a bit of colour on their nails rather than neutrals or darks.



So there you have it, i'm really quite impressed with Rimmel's autumn releases, I think they've really stepped it up. You can find theses polishes for £3.99 anywhere where Rimmel is sold, I got them at Boots which is currently running a pretty extensive 3 for 2 offer, so i'd check that out if you were looking to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment