Thursday 20 September 2012

Top 10 nail polish picks for autumn - part 1!

My top 10 nail polish picks for the autumn!

Autumn is by far one of my favourite seasons, it starts to get chilly but isn't as deeply cold as winter, the clothes are adorable, and the colours associated with it are some of my favourites. i just love taking a walk in the crisp, chilly air bundled up in a nice warm jumper taking in the falling leaves in various shades of red, orange, burgundy and yellow. But enough about my love of the autumn and onto the first half of my top 10 autumn nail polishes!

(left- right) Butter London 'No more waity, Katie', OPI '20 candles on my cake', Deborah Lippmann 'Good girl gone bad', Essie 'Chinchilly', Butter London 'Shag'

The above nail polishes on the nail.

2 coats of Butter London 'Shag'

Butter London ' Shag' is one of the colours from their new A/W 12 collection and the most autumnal looking of the bunch, to me anyway. I was immediately attracted to this when I saw the first press photos of the collection, it just screams autumn to me. Its a deep orange colour with a hint of copper, it has a metallic finish with lots of micro-shimmer running throughout.

3 thing coats of Essie 'Chinchilly'

Essie's 'Chinchilly' is a dark, muted greige creme with a hint of purple. This colour is my favourite neutral for autumn or winter because it  literally goes with everything and it doesn't make my pale skin look too odd as neutral colours sometimes can. In some ways this isn't specifically an autumn colour for me because I do wear it all year round but I get the most wear out of it in autumn.

2 coats of 'Good girl gone bad'

Deborah Lippmann 'Good girl gone bad' is a polish that I bought specifically with autumn in mind. Burgundy is my favourite colour for this time of the year, and to me, shimmery polishes are more suited to the colder weather. I really love this because it is just so shimmery and I didn't really have anything like it in my collection, I had plenty of shimmery reds but nothing a little darker. Its a great way to add a glitzy touch to a more neutral autumn outfit.

2 coats of OPI '20 candles on my cake'

I really don't like to wear pinks as much in autumn and winter and this is as close as I get. '20 candles on my cake' is a red based raspberry creme. I like this shade for the transition between summer and autumn because its still bright enough to look great for those last summer days but its not so bright that it would look silly on a duller day. The finish on this one is really great and it really does provide a bright pop of colour when you wear it with a darker outfit. Its really quite an unusual mix of pink and red that I can't think of any dupes for.

3 coats of Butter London 'No more waity, Katie'

This is a really interesting colour to me, I usually favour darker shades for autumn and winter but this one really appealed to me. It has serious bottle appeal and I really love it on the nail too, its a dirty purpley grey base with pretty lilac shimmer in it.I like that the base has a bit of a dirty quality to it, makes it much more interesting than if it was a lilac base to match the shimmer. I'm not sure this is something that everyone would love but I really enjoy it. It's the only cooler toned polish that i've really chosen, I feel like its the perfect mix of pretty and edgy. A lot of people talk about the horrible formula of this but I didn't find it that bad, it's a 3-coater but that doesn't bother me too much.




No comments:

Post a Comment