Thursday 20 September 2012

My picks from the OPI Germany collection

When I first saw photos of OPI's Germany collection i'll have to admit that I was slightly underwhelmed. I mean, there are definitely pretty shades but they were all highly dupeable, or so I thought. When I actually saw the collection in store, my opinion changed somewhat.






The nude colours were nice and the kind of thing that appeals to me but they all very closely resembled polishes that I already have in my collection. Despite owning similar polishes I slightly regret not getting 'Berlin there, done that' which is a greige creme polish. Its similar to Essie's 'Chinchilly' which is  one of my favourite autumn nail polishes, only the Essie polish is a tad greyer. But now onto my two purchases from the 
collection.

2 coats of OPI's 'Every month is Oktoberfest'

'Every month is Oktoberfest' is an ideal autumnal shade. Its a metallic purple with a hint of red and some red micro-shimmer. It was quite hard to photograph this polish true to how it appears on the nail. In darker lights this looks almost black but in sunlight the shimmer is really beautiful. This kind of colour just screams autumn to me, the purple and red duochrome kind of reminds me of the changing colour of leaves. When I saw the original images of the collection this was the one that really stood out to me that I knew I had to get. I know that Jessica has some very similar colours in the autumn 'Spicy Dream' collection but I haven't actually seen this in UK stores yet.

1 coat of 'Deutsch you want me baby?'

'Deutsch you want me baby?' is a deep orange colour with some micro-shimmer and a metallic finish. I really love this colour, it seems to me like its a autumn/winter version of my favourite summer orange; 'Holiday' by Chanel. This polish seemed like a bit of a miracle actually, in 1 coat it dried to an opaque, streak free and glossy finish - I was amazed and a very happy bunny. The colour isn't as red as it looks in the above photo, in person it is a true deep orange in all lighting situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment