Thursday 13 September 2012

Orly 'Hottie'

Today I want to talk to you about Orly's polish 'Hottie', which is a bright neon pink. I'm not entirely sure why I picked this up in Boots but my eyes were drawn to it and I just couldn't put it down. This is especially weird and silly since I knew there was a 95% chance that this colour would be horrible on me, and I shall not lie to you, it looks pretty damn awful with my skin tone.

2 coats of Orly's 'Hottie' and a coat of OPI 'Rapi-dry top coat'

On to application and the formula; I used 2 coats of this to get the opacity shown in the above photos which is pretty good since it was practically glowing the colour was so bright and intense. This polish dried to a fairly matte finish which I found quite odd, and it took quite a while to dry, nothing that a good top coat and some patience couldn't sort out but always something to consider.

Same as above, see how it glows?

I really wouldn't recommend this for lighter skin tones because the brightness gives lighter skin tones a dirty appearance which isn't ideal but I can imagine this colour looking great and really summery on people with a tan or of darker skin tones than I.

5.3ml bottle of 'Hottie' available online and from Boots in the UK

I've said this before about Orly polish but I find that they can be a little expensive. £5 for 5.3ml of product works out more expensive than other brands, such as Essie or OPI, where I find you get higher quality. I also think that this colour is probably highly dupe-able, you can probably find a very similar product for less money or of higher quality. Or perhaps i'm just being negative because this polish really didn't suit me, who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment