Thursday 13 September 2012

Recent additions to my nail polish collection

(Left-Right) Barry M 'Strawberry Ice Cream', Barry M 'Navy', Barry M 'Peach Melba', Barry M 'Mint Green', Essie 'Cute as a Button', Essie 'Fiji', Essie 'Dive Bar', Essie 'Fear & Desire', Deborah Lippmann 'Across the Universe'

This post is now severely out of date and I have posted on a rather large portion of the polishes mentioned but I thought i should post it anyway just in case anyone was interested in seeing the other polishes that I had been buying and had not yet posted on.


Over the summer I was away from home for quite a while (7 weeks to be exact!) and I was missing the majority of my trusty nail polish stash so I couldn't resist making a few additions to my collection and thought that you might like to have a little look at the polishes that I chose. It may seem like a lot but like I said, I was away for quite a while and some of them were on offer.


Deborah Lippmann 'Across the Universe' which I got from House of Fraser for £16

I've looked for this one for a while now, I saw some swatches online which got me very interested and I finally found it last week. I used it as soon as I got it home and I really like it, its very unique. I've done an individual post on it already so check that out.


Barry M 'Mint Green' which I bought from Superdrug, 2 for £5

I have very few green nail varnishes but this one just attracted my eye straight away and I was hooked, my two favourite colours this spring were mint and coral and it was on offer so I thought, why not? In Superdrug it was 2 Barry M nail paints for £5 and I think Boots may have a similar offer on at the moment.


Barry M 'Strawberry Ice Cream' which I bought from Superdrug, 2 for £5

i really don't have too many light pink colours like this and i thought it would be a very nice, kinda effortless colour for me. I've applied it once and I have to say I didn't love the formula but I was tired so perhaps I was just painting badly. I hope so because I love colours like this I just never really pick them up.


Barry M 'Navy' which I bought from Superdrug, 2 for £5

I thought this one would be great for autumn and winter, as you can probably tell from my past posts I love blues and this is a wintry alternative to my favourite summer turquoises and teals. I also have a sneaky suspicion that this may be a pretty good dupe for Chanel 'Blue Satin' which I also own - i'll keep you updated with a comparison post when I get around to using this.


Barry M 'Peach Melba' which I bought from Superdrug, 2 for £5

I put this on my nails the very first day that I got it. I really love this colour for summer and it reminds me of Essie's 'Tart Deco' which I also really love. Its a pretty light, peachy pink. I've used it and application wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible and I really love the colour.


Essie 'Fiji' which I bought from Boots for £7.99

I've already done a post from this one and I like it, not sure I love it though. It's a nice neutral that's pretty and versatile for summer. I imagine that it would look amazing with a tan but alas my fair skin will probably never know the joy of looking sun-kissed. I
do think i'll end up wearing it a lot though, because it will go with everything.


Essie 'Cute as a Button' which I bought from Boots for £7.99

This is that polish that i've picked up many times, always loved, but never quite got around to buying because I have so many similar shades but I finally got around to buying it when I was away. I love the colour and I love the name. Sadly, it hasn't been worn yet just because of the amount of corally pinks I have but i'm sure i'll get around to wearing it soon.


Essie 'Fear and Desire' which I bought from Boots for £7.99

This polish is lovely and bright, it was perfect for the (unusually) hot UK summer. i wrote about this quite a few posts back, its perfect for us pale girls - its about as bright as I can go without my hands looking dirty. I think that Chanel's 'Holiday' is still my favourite summer orange though.


Essie "Dive Bar' which I bought from Boots for £7.99

I almost can't believe I didn't already have this colour, it screams me in autumn and winter. its a lovely, moody, blackened shimmery teal that I think will be perfect for cold winter days, the shimmer stops it from looking dull. This one has a lot of depth, I really like it.




So a bit of everything really, there were a few shades I didn't really need (although, the eternal question springs to mind - who ever really needs a nail polish?) but i've been working hard so I thought why not treat myself. there have been quite a few additions since this, mainly because of the new Selfridges beauty hall, so i'm sure i'll be doing another one of these posts in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment