Sunday 23 September 2012

Barry M 'Mint Green'

This summer I was quite obsessed with 2 colours: mint green and coral. Naturally I went about finding the perfect nail polishes in both of these colours. I looked at the usual suspects to find a green, Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple' which I really do love but was a little lighter than what I was looking for, Nails Inc 'Haymarket' which I also thought was really beautiful but was quite blue based and Revlon 'Minted' which is a beautiful colour that just happens to not really suit my skin tone. 

2 coats of Barry M 'Mint Green'

The search ended when I stumbled upon the Barry M display in Superdrug when I was in Edinburgh. The polishes were 2 for £5 which felt like a bargain and I felt this colour calling my name. It is a true bright minty green and it doesn't look weird on my hands, a success I think! I was also happy that this polish was cheap and readily available, even when it isn't on offer I believe that it's only £2.99 which still makes it the cheapest mint green colour that i've tried. I've previously been a bit of a snob when it comes to Barry M polishes because they were so cheap but I heard some buzz so I decided to check some out.

'Mint Green' in natural light

The formula on this one wasn't perfect; it was a little thick, not unbearable, I just had to be careful with application because I messed up the first nail I did and had to go back and do that one again. I didn't have any problems with streaking though which was good. I used 2 coats in the photos above which was enough to make it opaque and make the colour pop. Considering this is a pastel shade it is really bright which I loved when I wore this colour in the summer, its so eye catching!


This polish lasted for a decent amount of time before chipping, 3 days before I saw a chip which is pretty standard for me. I was impressed  with this polish considering the low price point, I think there are more expensive polishes that have the same quality. I would repurchase it for sure and I think I'll definitely check out some of their darker colours for autumn, I think 'Cappuccino' will be my next purchase.

Barry M nail paint in colour 304 'Mint Green'

Have you tried any of Barry M's nail paints? What did you think of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment