Wednesday 22 August 2012

Lets talk base and top coat...


I am a devoted reader of many different nail polish and beauty blogs and websites and yet I have never come across a post or article about base and top coat. I know this isn’t the most interesting nail-related topic but it is an important one nonetheless. In the time I’ve been wearing nail varnish I’ve always worn a base coat because my mum always stressed the importance of it so I didn’t stain my nails. I’ve tried quite a few, including Sally Hansen and Revlon which were ok but my favourite has to be the OPI ridge filler. I’ve used this time after time for quite a few years now and it creates a perfect base for my nail varnish and keeps my nails underneath stain free, I definitely consider this an essential for both my finger and toe nails and have re-purchased it a number of times.



Top coat is a pretty big essential for me too, not as much as base coat/ ridge filler but almost. I'm a bit shine obsessed, I like my nails to be super shiny so they never really feel done until I've got top coat on, not to mention it makes my nail polish last way longer. I've tried many and I've had to say my biggest disappointment was OPI, I don't think it made my polish last any longer and just didn't give me the shine I wanted. My 2 favourites are Sally Hansen diamond shine and seche vite fast dry top coat. I like them about the same but I do like that the Sally Hansen is about half the price of the seche vite. Having said that I like how fast the seche vite drys, it cuts drying time in half which is more convenient, especially if you're as fidgety as I am. If normal drying time is fine for you then I would reccommend the Sally Hansen because it's cheaper and achieves the same ultra glossy finish.



So there you have it, perhaps a bit of a boring post but about something that I think is quite important to having nice looking, healthy nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment