Wednesday 1 August 2012

Essie's 'Dive Bar'



Essie's 'Dive Bar' is a blackened teal with turquoise and teal micro shimmer running through it. The colour it applies to your nail is very different than the colour it appears in the bottle, on the nail its much darker and moodier which I personally didn't mind at all because I like dark and murky nail colours.


This picture isn't the greatest because of the flash but I had a hard time capturing the true colour of this nail polish and I feel like this is the closest that I managed to get. As you can see the shimmer is visible but its so small that it just gives the polish a nice effect rather than being a full-on glitter nail polish.



Application was good with this one, better than alot of other Essie polishes that i've tried which tend to be streaky. This wasn't streaky and was fully opaque in 2 coats which i liked, it dried quickly too which is always a bonus. I managed to wear this polish for 3 days before any chipping occurred which is fairly standard for me.


I got this polish from the Essie diffusion line that can be found in Boots and Superdrug and it set me back £7.99 which isn't all too bad when you consider that i've almost bought it for £11 on more than one occasion. I think i'll definitely be wearing this much more come A/W 12!

2 comments:

  1. I have this nail polish too and LOVE it. Such a diverse colour!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I think it will be particularly beautiful come autumn :D x

    ReplyDelete