Wednesday 22 August 2012

Deborah Lippman 'Across the Universe'


I finally got it! I'm so excited, I looked for so long for this polish in actual stores rather than online because I wanted to make sure I loved it as much as I thought I would before shelling out the cash (£16 in House of Fraser in Edinburgh). Just as I thought I would I really love this polish, despite its sheer base colour. 


It's a navy blue jelly base with small turquoise glitter and larger glitter particles in various shades of green and blue. I think this polish looks really magical, like the bottom of the ocean or something like that. Application with this one was a little tricky, but i'm more than willing to put up with that. In the photos i've used 3 coats which is what I needed to get this polish looking opaque.



I wholeheartedly recommend this one - don't get me wrong, it is an expensive polish but I can honestly say that I have nothing else like this...and I have about 200 bottles of nail polish. The fact is that with a lot of more expensive polishes you can find a dupe or something similar for less money if you look hard enough but with this one I've never seen anything like it and because of that it's worth it to me.


Even in the bottle this polish is so beautiful! I'm not saying its a must have by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're looking for a beautiful and unique blue then I would definitely consider checking this out despite the high price tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment