Tuesday 21 August 2012

Essie 'Fiji'

A polish that's girly and soft looking without a smattering of glitter or shimmer? Yes please!




Essie Fiji is an extremely light pink, so light that in some lights it looks kind of white. I found it very difficult to photograph this polish without it looking white unless I had a white backdrop. (side note: sorry for the poor picture quality, I've been very busy recently and took these photos on the go on my phone). Below you can see how unless I placed my hand against a white background the polish did look completely white because it is such a creamy light, light pink shade.




This polish is like the more opaque counterpart to essie's mademoiselle. I used 2 coats with a base coat and top coat (OPI ridge filler and seche vite fast dry top coat). It made my hands look tanned which is basically a miracle, not sure that I'd attempt this one in winter when my hands are so pale that they're actually purple but I like it for summer.


Application was fairly easy, first coat was a bit streaky but the second covered it up nicely. I got this polish from the essie diffusion line that you can find in selected boots and Superdrug stores. If you're looking for a nice feminine neutral that will go with everything then this is a colour that you may just like, but be aware of how truly light this colour is!

No comments:

Post a Comment