Thursday 13 June 2013

Nicole by OPI 'Do Good...Feel Good'


Firstly, let me just start this post by saying how excited I am that Superdrug now stocks Nicole by OPI; it's a brand that i've tried before when i've been in the states but until now it's been fairly hard to locate within the UK. I may have gone a little (read: a LOT) crazy because of pure excitement and i'm just starting to try out some of the little beauties that I picked up...first up 'Do Good...Feel Good'.

Nicole by OPI 'Do Good...Feel Good'

'Do Good...Feel Good' is a very light, milky pink that seems to compliment every look I try and put it with. It's almost jelly like in its finish which gives it a lovely soft look. This slight sheerness also stops it from being too stark on the fingernails which I think makes it very sophisticated and more versatile than something like Essie's 'Fiji' which is more opaque.

4 thin coats of 'Do Good...Feel Good' topped with Seche Vite fast dry top coat

Like I said, the formula of this polish is quite sheer, and as with other sheer baby pink polishes, this one has a tendency to streak a little bit, especially with the first coat, after a few coats though it was fine. To get the look that I have in these pictures, I used 4 thin coats which was a bit of a pain, but on the upside it dried pretty darn quickly and seems to be holding up quite well without chipping or wear.


'Do Good...Feel Good' under bright light

I feel like this is the perfect kind of shade for the crazy weather we're having in the UK right now; it's cloudy,  it's sunny, it's windy, it's cold, it's warm.....and that's all within the space of an hour. I just feel like this is the perfect go with anything nail, I think it's a great colour for those who want to rock neutral nails but just can't seem to make beige-y nudes (Essie 'Sand Tropez'....i'm looking at you) work for them.


What do you think? Are you guys excited to hit up the Nicole by OPI stand at Superdrug?



1 comment:

  1. I just put this colour on my nails. I have used it a couple of times and love the look especially now in July and tanned (Nove Scotia, Canada). I was googling to see what others thought of the sheerness and applying many coats. Glad to know that is how it is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete