Tuesday 25 June 2013

Illamasqua 'Raindrops'


This nail purchase was entirely motivated by Christine at Temptalia, who has really raved about this polish, and I have to say that after trying it, I really do understand why.This is my first try of Illamasqua polish and I found the formula to be quite good, although from what I've heard, that might not be consistent throughout their whole nail range.

Illamasqua 'Raindrops'

Illamasqua describes raindrops as a sheer light grey which I think is a pretty accurate description although I think I'd class it as bluey grey rather than just grey. Its a really pretty polish that I think gives the nails a kind of faded look which is really nice and surprisingly versatile because its not bright and doesn't make too much of a statement.

Illamasqua 'Raindrops' under bright light where you can see the subtle sparkle

I think that this is a much more sophisticated take on a blue polish, more so than a pastel blue or turquoise kind of shade. I'm more likely to wear this kind of shade in the autumn and winter than spring and summer because it is that little bit more muted which I tend to favour when the sun isn't shining as much.

3 thin coats of Illamasqua 'Raindrops'

I find the formula to be quite nice, as I said earlier. The polish does apply very sheerly but it is marketed as a sheer polish and this sheerness gives it a lightness that makes it look very fresh and pretty. Having said that, I did have to use 3 very thin coats to get the desired effect but because the coats were so thin they dried really quickly anyway. I also really liked that despite having to use 3 coats, the subtle sparkle wasn't entirely eaten up by the base colour.

 Close up of 'Raindrops' where you can see a tiny bit of the subtle sparkle

I really do love this polish and know that i'll be getting a lot of wear out of it when the weather starts to cool down a little. Have you tried 'Raindrops' or any of Illamasqua's other polishes?



No comments:

Post a Comment