Monday 9 July 2012

Starry sky at night manicure

Lately I've been experimenting alot with creating looks by layering varnishes. The look I'm about to show you is created using a staple from most nail polish lovers collection and a glitter polish. I really love the look this created and I also really love that both polishes are very affordable and readily available!

The look above was created by using a black layer under a colourful glitter. the black I used was Rimmel's 60 second nail polish in shade 800, 'Black Out'. I don't often find use for this polish amongst all of the more interesting or fun shades I own but it's definitely a useful one to have. This black is very glossy and completely opaque in 2 coats which is especially great for if you're doing a layered look as I've done. I purchased this from my local Superdrug but you can also get it at Boots and selected supermarkets across the UK. This polish retails for £3.69 which I think is a bargain when you consider the high quality.


To create the stunning effect which, I think, resembles a starry sky on a clear night I used an NYC expert last nail polish. I used shade 105, 'Lights-Camera-Glitter' which I think is such a cute name for a lovely polish. If worn on its own 3 coats of this polish can be opaque but for this look I just used one coat. This polished has a clear base with silver micro shimmer and silver, blue and lilac chunky glitter. This polish is very similar to many of my higher end glitter polishes and a a fraction of the price, I was so excited when I saw it sitting in Superdrug and not surprised that it was the last bottle left. This polish cost £2.49 and I believe that NYC is available in Superdrug throughout the UK.



I really love the completed look that these 2 nail polishes give, alot of the time I feel that glitter polishes are fun but aren't very sophisticated or grown up. By adding the black background it makes  the glitter pop and makes it seem a little more chic than if it was worn just on its own. Over the top I wore Seche Vite top coat to give a really glossy finish and smooth texture over the slightly rough feeling glitter.





Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment