Thursday 12 July 2012

Deborah Lippmann's 'Diamonds and Pearls'

Let me just start by saying that this is the first Deborah Lippmann polish that i've tried and I personally love it. The formula was easy to apply, how I can't comment on streaking because this polish is so sheer that i think streaking would go relatively unnoticed. The sheerness of this polish was definitely a problem. In the bottle it looks like a lovely, light, shimmery, fairly warm-toned creamy peach. However when applied to the nail it deposits no colour at all and simply leaves your nail warm a warm shimmery glow - somewhat like a tinted top coat. I, personally, found this very beautiful anyway, despite it not being what i expected and I can totally see some people not getting on well with this polish, especially considering the high price point (mine was £14 and I got it from House of Fraser).


Above is the finished look when applied over another polish. Whilst I thought it looked really beautiful by itself, I wanted it to be slightly more substantial looking.

2 coats of 'Diamonds and Pearls' 

I chose a true nude colour to go underneath because I thought that was the best way of keeping the beautiful glow of the polish in the bottle. I chose Dior's '219 Nude Chic' because it was the closest colour that I had to my skin tone. This in itself presented its own opacity problems and I needed 3 coats for an opaque finish. The polish itself dried to a very glossy finish and wasn't thick at all so perhaps if you have the time then this would be a great nude for you. Having said that please steer clear of this particular polish if you are pale like me because honestly it made my hands look a little dead.

3 coats of Dior 'Nude Chic' and 2 coats of 'Diamonds and Pearls'

Above if the finished product with 2 coats of 'Diamonds and Pearls' over the nude colour and I love it. I admit that this won't be something I do very often simply because of the amount of time it took but I really do love the effect that was created. It reminded me of Old Hollywood where everything was soft-focus and had the most beautiful peachy glow. This, for me, is the perfect nude nail, and the warmth in 'Diamonds and Pearls' meant that my hands didn't look so creepy and dead.





So there you have it, I really love this, it's a nice break from all the summer neons i've been sporting recently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment